God's Presence

If my path be smooth or rugged, If with thorns or roses strewn. Where I go the Father seetih, And He will leave me not alone.

If I take the wings of morning far within the giant sea, Even there His hand will lead me, Even there my God will be.

Though the gloom of night be round me, Though I cannot see my way, Yet the Lord will see and guide me, Because unto Him the night is day.

If my thoughts are good or evil, Set me think to hide them not. There is One above all seeing, and He beholdeth every thought.

And ever more my eyes beholds me, And all my ways to Him are known, And His loving arms enfolds me, He will leave me not alone.

~ Blanche 1884































Thursday, June 7, 2012

An IOWA Adventure...

Two friends and I set out this morning on a road trip to Sioux City, IA. Sounds simple enough :), but we were en route to meet up with two other old friends and two new friends. This evening we were all able to get together to start deliberating our new grand adventure that lay before us... run 337 miles across the state of Iowa! Tomorrow morning we will be taking on this epic journey around 8:30 am. Joe, Dave, Jill, Spencer, John, Terry, and I will relay run from Sioux City, IA to Dubuque, IA. In one way or another our collective group has already ran across the state of Oregon (Hood to Coast 200 Mile Relay) and through the states of Wisconsin and Illinois (200 Mile Ragnar Relay), now we are taking on the worlds longest relay- 337 Mile Relay Iowa- and doing it with the smallest team that has ever completed this relay event (one other team ran with only seven last year, so its a tie I guess).  This means that everyone will log approximatley 50 miles each (dont nit pick, I know its shy of 50 miles) over the course of the next 3 days and 2 nights. We will complete our journey Sunday afternoon. If you would like to follow Team Honey Buckets on our epic journey... please follow us by clicking on this link:
http://track.myathletelive.com/vemap.aspx?name=245295
I will try to update you as we go or give you full details when the job is done! Hope to see you all out on the roads or trails soon. Be safe and continue putting one foot in front of the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment